When I hear someone say something for that first time, that I particularly like or feel I relate to, I tend to believe that it was them that said. That's how much I believe in words. But now I realised that most words are borrowed.
It doesn't necessarily meant that they don't mean the same. But not all words are true.
Being true is.
Something.
And it certainly doesn't happen always.
Even if one were to try.
"Words are borrowed", is an interesting thought. Sometimes I feel experiences are borrowed as well, and that too - unfairly. Imagine an acquaintance dying and seeing their closest friend mourn and weep and wail over their death. Now imagine looking at the acquaintance's close friend and feeling equally upset about the entire affair even though you didn't know the person who died so well. But feeling sad and feeling like something was unfairly snatched away from you just because you saw someone feeling that way. You borrow the experience. And in turn, others look at you mourning and they feel bad as well and they feel sorry for you and shower you with condolences. And you start secretly enjoying the attention. That's where the unfair bit comes in. it's not your experience. Yet you, in some way, get something out of it. I'm sorry about rambling but your post really got me thinking. Anyway. When will you drop by my space, TGWTBE? And when will you fill up yours again?
ReplyDelete