Mi amor:
My terrified heart rejoices each day that I live on having been moved by yours. And yet it is still terrified for, mindless as it is, it knows of the dangers you face each day. Though they are saying that the war will not move this far north, I cannot help but feel that in not much time our lives here will also be disrupted by this evil.
Already there are warnings and cautionary broadcasts being played on the radio. I am now joined by your mother and her companions at school everyday. On showing me my means of making a difference during these troubling times you have proved yourself yet again to be ceaselessly inspirational. Once our lives are returned to us, promise me you will go back to college to teach? This time, of course, I too shall join you. Our youth need a sound leader, a sound teacher. You remember how lost and goalless you felt during your own boyhood. I am strongly convinced that you could do a lot of young men at college a great deal of good. They need you there, Manuelo. Pray do not let spite-filled power-play keep you from realizing your dream.
Ah me, here I go, nagging you even as you throw your life at stake fighting for our people. Are you sure you want a nagging wife? It is still not too late to call of the engagement, my friend.
Ever doubtful of my worthiness of your love,
Rosalinde.
My terrified heart rejoices each day that I live on having been moved by yours. And yet it is still terrified for, mindless as it is, it knows of the dangers you face each day. Though they are saying that the war will not move this far north, I cannot help but feel that in not much time our lives here will also be disrupted by this evil.
Already there are warnings and cautionary broadcasts being played on the radio. I am now joined by your mother and her companions at school everyday. On showing me my means of making a difference during these troubling times you have proved yourself yet again to be ceaselessly inspirational. Once our lives are returned to us, promise me you will go back to college to teach? This time, of course, I too shall join you. Our youth need a sound leader, a sound teacher. You remember how lost and goalless you felt during your own boyhood. I am strongly convinced that you could do a lot of young men at college a great deal of good. They need you there, Manuelo. Pray do not let spite-filled power-play keep you from realizing your dream.
Ah me, here I go, nagging you even as you throw your life at stake fighting for our people. Are you sure you want a nagging wife? It is still not too late to call of the engagement, my friend.
Ever doubtful of my worthiness of your love,
Rosalinde.
Well hello there, Rosalinde. You're so insecure.
ReplyDeleteYeah, she is. It's stupid. This is a silly little letter.
ReplyDelete