Wednesday, 20 April 2011

Oh my god.


See, I talk a lot, but then it makes perfect sense to me. Lots of people don't like listening to it, but it takes me some time to realize that they don't like what I'm saying. It generally takes some time for things to sink in for me; things that happen in a different way than how I see them happening.
But then I'm becoming increasingly aware of how people perceive me off late, so I generally know what exactly I can and cannot say to a specific someone, and how that someone would react. And I'm doing that now. Which is good, I guess.
But in the process, I've forgotten how to make small talk. You know, when you go to a party, or a wedding, or any social gathering, and you turn to the person closest to you and say something absolutely whacko, so that they have to reply, and voila! Someone to talk with throughout the whole boring event.
But that's gone now.
 
This was written on 5th March 2009.
Like I keep saying, it's sort of reassuring to go back to stuff you've written and read it again, to find that you haven't changed at all.
That's why I like writing my thoughts down.,  I guess. More than anything else, it let's me analyse myself. And we all know how much I love to analyse the shit out of everything.

3 comments:

  1. While reading this post, a part of me felt like I've written it. :/
    Yes, I talk a lot.
    But I can't make small talks at all.
    I talk way too much.
    but I can't open up to people easily.
    Feels so strange, being outgoing and yet secretive.

    good writings though.
    cheers.
    peachyyy
    http://circusofdisaster.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same feelings here.

    I actually keep a diary that I write in every month of whenever I remember, like an update on stuff. Started it eight years ago.. And it's amusing to go back and read it. Try it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peachyy: Your comment made me think I'd written it, too! Thanks for dropping by :)

    Ovais: I have 5 diaries, last time I checked. Started keeping diaries about, 4-5 years back. Yes, it is highly amusing.

    ReplyDelete